It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:57 am

Post subject: The never ending SP-808 Card issue;)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:58 pm 

Hello fellow SP-xxx friends :)

I just wonder if there is anyone that "really" know and have experience if the cardreader at the http://askelo.free.fr/808nation/ ...really work on the SP-808/and EX to replace the ol' dirty ZIP drives? :?

Would love an answer :idea: as i am about to buy a demoused mint SP808EX with OP1 option

Peace out n thankz
Cnl TAF

"Please Roland give us a proper sampler again,...and don´t make it complex, A SP-606 with say 24 or 32 voices 8 indu outs that´s enough....it would be great"...;)

Post subject: Re: The never ending SP-808 Card issue;)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:29 pm 

Hello all SP/MV-beatsmiths :D

I was tryin' to get a answer on the question about wich way to go when wanting to replace the 250Mb Zip drive in my SP-808ex...?! :) As far as i can see here on the SP-Forums...there is people like "Beat bender" that has succced to mount a 80Gb harddrive and get it to work, however it seems to get rid if some functions..but wich functions that disapear..also there seems to be rather unclear if one must have the A6 OS installed when using the SP-808EX's OS someone said that it is no need to swap OS on a SP-808EX because it can handle the harddrive..and the only thing one need is to install and format the harddrive.

I would like to see someone with a lucky Zip to HD swap..uploading pics or a complete description on "How to" do the swap propplery to clear the clouds...please. :D

In some other threads there are discusuons on the Cardreader issue,,,, :? As far i am concerned it seems nearly impossible to get hold of the right type of cardreader that works on a SP...the same type as the MPC users btw..my friend bought one a year ago from Germany and when i looked now it has gone out from stock as the same at the dealer here in Sweden "Dustin"..to bad..one can only dream of the IDE cardreaders now.

It is a shame that Roland make great products that get old in advance..because the media used to store data on get old in just a couple of years....Roland are makin great equipment BUT they seem to think we...the users..should go and buy new gear after 2 years..thats crazy..
I know people that save there asses of and just when they get enough money to buy the new kind of SP or MV...the gear is already gettin old...OK i know that profit is the answer....but if one look into the AKAI's products they seem to be more backward compatible i think ROLAND..should take more responibility when developing new products and be less more stressed before releasing new products. What should we users do ina couple of years.....I have a lovely SP-606 that is is useless in a few years when my 512Mb cards has read/written there 100000xxx times and the cards malfunctions....what should i do then with that baby!! or my SP-808Ex cant read the ZIP disks......IT IS TIME NOW THAT ROLAND!! takes its responsibilaty and make the OS and hardware upgrades for us faithful users...!!? or isn'it :)

Thankz in advance
Cnl TAF

"Please Roland give us a proper sampler again,...and don´t make it complex, A SP-606 with say 24 or 32 voices 8 indu outs that´s enough....it would be great"...;)