It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:55 am

Post subject: a few sp808 questions i couldn't answer myself
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:40 pm 

hi ,
im thinking of getting a sp808 , but i have a few questions and i would be nice if you can help me .
The first one is about the Sequencer. Is there a real Midi-Sequencer, and how does it work. I testes the sp404 and i didnt like the sequencer. do i have more possibilitys on the 808?

The second thing is . if i recorded a drum pattern is it possible to record audio, for example my guitar , while playing the drum pattern? so can i mix the MIDi and AUdio together, or is the 4track recorder only seperated.?

thats it
hope you have some anwers
bye

Post subject: Re: a few sp808 questions i couldn't answer myself
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:44 pm 

Hello,
no, there is no midi sequencer on the SP808. It's only Audio. You can't even use the pads as midi notes.

it's a "linear sequencer" so you can't record "patterns". You can record an audio drum sequence, and paste it all along one track, and then record your guitar on another track while playing your drum sequence. But, actually, the SP808 is not really made for recording drums: you can't record a pattern nor a loop making overdubs .. You'd better record your drum pattern on your computer (or another machine), export it in audio (or record it on the SP808) and then paste it on a track ..

Don't see the SP808 as an MPC because it's not. It's quite different.