It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:13 am

Post subject: routing inputs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:49 am 

if anyone can point me to the manual, I'd greatly appreciate it. I dunno how to do this...

I was planning on routing the input to one mixer fader, then the aux to another. is that possible? and I was hoping to use the VA synth as an effect without killing the sound or playing along with what's playing on the input. What's happening now is that when i engage the VA synth, the sound from the input is disengaged to give way to the synth. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:17 am 

hey man, welcome to the boards :D
think i recognise you from LivePA forum?

there's links to the manuals in the SPI section, but i'm guessing you meant a reference to that particular part of the manual...can't help there as i'm rocking the SP-404 rather than 808

hopefully someone'll answer your query, may take awhile though as most 808 heads pop in only occasionally

peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:31 am 

i've got the manual but it's very hard to understand. have you tried, only as a workaround, press the sampling button as if you were to sample, but then never sample. since you can record up to three source on a pad, this might work. my guess is the synth is effect, which would be affecting the incoming sound. try programming effects (try a patch with the vasynth for instance) to only effect internal sounds. also if it7s in aux. that channel must be turned up. i don't remember exactly but i think you can press shift + effects to program a patch. anyway, good luck.

Post subject: Re: routing inputs
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:06 am 

hello, i just have my first 808 last week and i'm trying to learn everything i can learn about it... so i can't tell you yet about your questions... but i'm going to try it soon...
i'm not sure that you can "place" the "aux-in" input to another fader than the line/pad one... but this 808 seems to have lot of surprises... i have a look at it... and for the synth i'm not sure to understand very well your problem (i'm french...)
peace.

Post subject: Re: routing inputs
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:15 am 

oh, i forget it but, if you need user's guide you can find it on "808nation", it's a french little site about sp808 but there you can find guide in english for your sp 808...
bye!!!