It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:44 pm

Post subject: sp 808ex help..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:52 pm 

Ok heres the situation. I was given an 808ex the other day along with a sp 505,i have the manual for the 505 and i know i can get 1 for the 808,but do i need a boot disk for the 808,if so where can i get 1? also noticed that i can change the zip drive to a card reader,but "IISDMC" seems to be unavailable now,maybe im wrong im doing the research from work with limited time because home comp is down right now.. any feedback will be very much appreciated..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:48 pm 

wow, you were given those? nice score i paid like 250 for combo(but i bought seperately). the two will work nicely together; since you can control the 808 from the 505. I'll help you with that if need be(as much as i can). about the boot disk??? why do you need it? does it say insert disk? if so, it just needs a 250mb zip stuck in there but i may be wrong since i have a different version(oh yeah i don't have the ex so mine won't even run effects without a disk but i'm gonna upgrade soon. i'm running 1.0 :lol: ).
i don't know why people want to upgrade from zip either, they're cheap and hold enough for what the 808 is good at. the 4track sucks but the sound is good and the effects are killer. get a usb zipdrive and the sample coversion tool. load 64 banks of 16 drums. program some user effects. control the 808 from the 505 and you'll have a COMBO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:51 pm 

Yeah just handed over to me basically.. So i can use the two as a combo,and work the 808 from the 505 huh? thats pretty cool,ive never really messed around with beatmaking to much really other than playing around with the 808 some years back at a music store i would go to during lunchbreaks from work,it caught my eye more-so than the MPC2000,so to recieve 1 years later i thought was cool and i figure since i own a s%$&tload of vinyl,tapes,cd's,and 2 tech 1200's why not have some fun.. maybe i will just stick with the zip drive for now til i guess i get the hang of things and get a lil more serious with it,i'll look into the usb zip,sample conversion tool aswell. im def interested in learning how to run the 808 from the 505,so im more than open to any help youre willing to give me with my new toys.. Goodlooking out JBL