It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am

Post subject: 808 midi controlled by the MC909
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:13 pm 

Ok I hooked these two beast up and got the mc909 to play the 808 pads but I ran into a minor problem. On the 909 when I pressed pad 2 it would play 808 pad 1. To fix this go into the 808 system/disk then to midi param then change rx pad 1 to 47 (B) and then write. This fixes this minor problem but now I need to hook the Korg Electribe 2 up and see if this change messes up the way it worked as it worked fine. I will probably have to change it back and forth depending which sequencer I use(still in testing phase)

Post subject: Re: 808 midi controlled by the MC909
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:54 am 

Just wanted to puit this up in case anyone else is trying t o control the 808. It does receive midi but it will NOT slave to midi clock. For example I wanted the effects on the 808 to sync to midi clock and that it can NOT do. You can play the pads from another midi source but no syncing effects( I know bummer right) Still not a buzz kill, you can easily pick up a Lexicon mpx fx processor that syncs to midi clock for like $50 these days. Or you can go into song edit/tempo map and then change the bpm to the tempo you are using