It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:28 am

Post subject: Zip drive 250 working with xp64 bit !!!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:12 pm 

Thought I would post this in case anyone else has the same issue

Ok success kinda .. So the zip drive I got has no jumper which means its in slave mode. So I placed a jumper on cable select and waalaa the drive shows up but there is the "Found New Hardware loop". I can't get it to go away. But the good news is I can still see the drive and transfer the wav files to my desktop which is what I needed. I won't need to do this all the time maybe every two weeks or so. I can live with the annoying "Found New Hardware loop". What is even kooler is the sp808 coverter app works fine, I am able to play the sounds just as if they were on the sampler.

SO I will just unplug the power from the zip drive when I am not using it

P.S. there is no driver for 64bit xp none I could find

Post subject: Re: Zip drive 250 working with xp64 bit !!!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:55 pm 

UPDATE !!! Sadly I am wrong about the converter program, true , it sees the zip 250 and you can play the pads but it won't transfer the files, says "DISK FULL" And I have not found a solution. I do have some of the top brains over at Perspective forums working on it but they are not familiar with the sp808 converter program.

This also puts a damper on another idea I was tooling with is converting the zip to CF reader. Because if I am able to do it I would still run into an issue with the converter program and xp64 bit.

My option right now is to put the zip 250 in a back up pc I have and install win 98 on that just to use for sample converting .

I am wanting to try the cf reader conversion just to quite down the 808. I never noticed the whine until I cranked up the volume the other day and yeah it is annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:14 am 

SUCCESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY

OK after messing around trying to name different folders it dawns on me that the converter program thinks the disk is full so I put a usb drive in and tried saving the converted file to that and it worked, all is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also I am able to write to the zip drive no problem but to save from disk I had to save it to my thumb drive which is fine as long as I can get the wav samples moved around thats all that matters.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:21 am 

Screen shot, as you can see I have to leave the annoying "found new hardware screen" up

Attachment:
Zip 64 wav conv.JPG
Zip 64 wav conv.JPG [ 167.36 KiB | Viewed 3341 times ]

PS one more thing after each wav transfer the converter program turns its self off and you have to restart the program. SO yeah not perfect and smooth but I am now able to get my samples over into FL STudio for further processing and then put them back to a new zip disk