It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:11 am

Post subject: simple editing on 808ex
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:06 am 

I have had 808ex for about 3 days now, it is my first hardware sampler and I am really beginning to love it. It is alot more natural and intuitive than I had originally expected, and I have actually been able to make about 4 or 5 beats in this time.

The questions I have are simple, regarding effects, I am wondering if there is a way to assign different effects for each individual track and/or pad? I have so far only been able to effect the entire song as a whole..
(An example would be, chorus on sample, compressor on drums. Is this possible?)

Secondly, I am hoping to find a way to edit the attack, decay, sustain, and release for each pad. Seems like it should be right up front somewhere but I cant seem to find it on the machine or in the manual..I am hoping you are able to do this. Another dynamic I've found useful to edit in the past is tone..is there a way to tweak this on the ex??

Can't seem to find anything regarding any of this in the manual.. :evil:

Help is much appreciated!

Post subject: Re: simple editing on 808ex
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:33 am 

for effects. You can assign them to each track individually but only one. If you hit shift and the button above your master fader, it will bring up the options on how to send your effects, either through send/return or record or to each trach like A/B/C/D. As far as ADSR, the 808 doesnt do all that otherwise people would be selling it for 500 bucks like an mpc. And tone, nope. But you have a gazillion effects to master and even edit more than just the 3 knobs. For that beast you definitely wanna get the manual cause if you go into blindly, you will have like 30 questions a day when most of them will be "cannot do that on the 808".
You got a mighty fine machine there. Have fun. And use that divide to chop samples by ear, great feature and it has mute groups which is awesome as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:52 am 

yeah I appreciate the mute groups. :wink:

thanks for the quick reply man..cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:25 am 

you can also trim using the waveform