It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:58 am

Post subject: Re: Black EX 2.5 hardrive done
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:29 am 

i gave a couple friends of mine an old 808 i'd had laying around so they could try something like this too; i'll post updates if any progress is made

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:59 am 

I thought Hard Drives for the SP-808 only worked when the OS was upgraded to the A6 version. Does an HD work with just the standard SP-808 EX OS?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:30 am 

Hi Aliencall,

I'd like to put a hard drive in my SP808 like you did.
What is the type of your HDD? ATAPi? ATA?
I already tried with a a Fat16 250Mb partition on a bigger 2.5 ATA disk, using an adapter, but it only results in a crash when I try to sample something.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:50 pm 

Yeah, someone should post a comprehensive guide to installing a 250 mb hard drive. There have been a few post explaining this process but its always a different process or a different drive and blah blah. Id like to know where to get the drive, what i need to format it and all that noise. Im pretty good with computers but i only know what i know based on what ive needed to do and ive never needed to format and install a hard drive in a computer, let alone a machine thats not attacked to the computer. My 808 is loud as fuck and ive been losing a lot of zip disk lately to the "disk read error" nightmare. Like 3 disk at once so id like to upgrade my machine.
I hear that you have to upgrade the OS, install the drive with some adapter, do a couple other things.
Anyone willing to post like a step by step tutorial on doing this with all the part info links to download this software upgrade?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:59 am 

Hi everyone,

We need to put an end to this nonsense.

aliencall's information is incorrect, grossly misleading, and quite frankly SPAM in my opinion. With only one post to his name and the lack of follow-up, it also should be deleted so as to not cause further confusion. Any moderators out there?

You CANNOT add a hard disk without the A6 OS installed because the SP808/EX OS cannot handle Hard Disks period. CF cards are possible if the correct adapter is found because the signature of the CF device will remain "floppy" or "removable" storage media under the SP-808/EX OS. With an updated or hacked version of the SP-808 OS it might be possible but as it stands, it's not possible.

Thus there is absolutely no way you can get an HD to work under the SP-808 OS of any sort, size, shape, or trick without first installing the A6 OS.

Go ahead and prove me otherwise, but you're wasting you're time because I know I'm right! :wink:

Jim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:45 pm 

Hey jim, do you know where i can get this a6 OS? Ive been trying to figure out this 808 upgrade thing forever. Keep getting scattered intel.