It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:59 pm

Post subject: Cleaning the SP-303 pads/contacts inside
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:53 pm 

Anyone know the best way to do this? I've had my 303 for years, but last few years put it aside cause of sticky pads... I tried opening it up one day, just cleaning with damp Q-tips etc.. (years of oil buildup looks nasty btw) and it made some pads work better... but some you gotta press down really F'n hard.... is there a trick to cleaning them contact lanes or what?

Post subject: Re: Cleaning the SP-303 pads/contacts inside
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:16 am 

isopropyl alcohol (cd cleaner/rubbiing alcohol) + q-tips or something similar.. dont use anything abrasive of course.

the isopropyl alcohol will help disintegrate sticky gunk so it comes off easier, and it will evaporate afterwards so you dont have to worry about 'drying' the board after covering it in all the isopropyl alcohol (sometimes called isocol i think)

Post subject: Re: Cleaning the SP-303 pads/contacts inside
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:58 am 

cartesia wrote:
isopropyl alcohol (cd cleaner/rubbiing alcohol) + q-tips or something similar.. dont use anything abrasive of course.

the isopropyl alcohol will help disintegrate sticky gunk so it comes off easier, and it will evaporate afterwards so you dont have to worry about 'drying' the board after covering it in all the isopropyl alcohol (sometimes called isocol i think)

Awesome! Thanks for the reply, I'm gonna pick some of that up and try it on the weekend... here's hoping!