It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 pm

Post subject: The outputs are dying... :(
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:12 am 

Haven't cracked this thing open yet, but has anyone diy repaired dead main outputs? Wonder if it's something as simple as a little solder, or if I'll just have to use the phono out. Hmmmm... depressing, I love this machine!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:09 pm 

i'm curious to this as well since my headphone jack is dead as well. Allegedly it's been dead since the previous owner and the previous one before then. I imagine a little soldering will do the job since the 303 is pretty linear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:07 am 

i just repaired the main outs on my friend's 303. i ended up desoldering and removing the input/output jacks(which are all one block internally, in case anyone was interested) from the circuit board, disassembling and physically retensioning the springy connections inside the RCA jacks, and reinstalling them on the circuit board with fresh clean solder joints. outputs work like new again, even when you wiggle your cords!

shoulda taken pics, i suppose. maybe on the next one. another friend is already bugging me to fix her left channel, and also her crackly volume knob, which is probably just a dirty potentiometer.

word of caution, though. i've got over 12 years of electronics soldering experience, and the proximity of so many tiny surfacemount resistors to the RCA jack's circuitboard connections was STILL a bit unnerving. So PLEASE, use proper heatsinking if you're going to attempt anything like this.

and if you don't know what i mean by proper heatsinking while soldering/desoldering, then you really shouldn't be attempting this repair on your own. get help! you could fry the whole thing with one slip of the soldering iron.

first post! woohoo! sure it won't be my last. glad this place is here.

--D