It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:18 pm

Post subject: newbie with questions
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:36 am 

Hey, I just got the 303 today and have a couple of questions, when I sample a loop say, fast like drum&bass tempo, how can i slow it way down without it getting all choppy and shit? or speed it up for that matter.Does it have to do with the BPM? any way around it? And about those sm to xd adapters they really work? certian brands only? saw other threads on it but didnt really read wich to stay away from or wich to get. do all brands of xd cards work?
thanx yall...... :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:31 pm 
303 Award Winner '09

Well, if you chop the sample into individual notes and sounds you can place them on beat with quantize in the sequencer and have them sound normal.
This can take some practice to sound smooth, but it's what sounds good using such a sampler. I also like the timestretch sound, it can sound pretty dope and if you chop your sounds well the timestretch will not be as apparent. As for the cards I just use a sandisk 64mb smart media card I bought at Guitar Center with my 303.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:28 pm 

Oh, thanks, so you gotta chop er up aye? im so used to the asr-10 still.Whats with the BPM? isnt it supposed to slow the tempo and pitch down of a sample? what if I want to change the speed AND pitch of the break I chopped up on seprate pads like your saying? like I sample a break at 100 bpm but want it to play at 50 bpm without the time stretch effect sounding?Is there just no way? the time stretch sounds like that cuz its keeping the pitch of your sample the same while it slows down right? But im not concerned with the pitch staying the same ya know? I like that slo-mo sound on a break.
thanx for the help man, Ill keep tryin, Ill go chop one right now see if it works.

about the card 64 mb is plenty or what? when you run out of room do you just save to your old files to pc or something for back up of your beats?Go back and load them later on to sm back into 303?