It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 pm

Post subject: help me SP-FORUMS! you're my only hope
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:17 pm 

Hello all,

This is my first post and it's regrettable that I'm asking someone/anyone for a huge favor, but hopefully you will empathize with my situation.

I have just bought a 303 after having one years ago and missing it ever since.
It looked in good condition but only worked for a day or two before having some kind of software glitch where it couldn't complete the sampling procedure.

I thought my best bet was to reinstall the OS, since it had 1.03 and only 1.02 is now available from Roland I thought ti might fix it.

I don't yet have any SM cards or reader so i tried to install via MIDI. I got the install to run but it keeps failing at about 10% Not sure if it's the unit or the midi files.

Anyway, now i have a unit with no OS so i can't even format an SM card to try and install the OS that way.

What i really need is for someone to format a card for me, and even better put the OS on it (which you can still get on the Roland site) If anyone has a 4mb or 8mb card that can part with and naturally i would cover any costs involved.

I realize this is a big favor to ask a bunch of strangers but it's the only chance i have at getting my 303 back online.

thanks in advance
MothPope