It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 pm

Post subject: 303 troubles or limitations?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:59 pm 

Hello everyone, I’ve been checking this site for the last 6 months almost every day seeking information, so first of all, thanks for all the info, it helped a lot!

Now I’m dealing with a problem and I can’t find any solution online (maybe it isn’t a problem, but a limitation of the 303…?).

Working on several beats, I noticed that there were dropouts when playing multiple loops simultaneously. I played four bar mono loops and one of them always dropped out randomly at about bar 3 or so. It wasn't choked though and joined the other loops perfectly in time on bar 1 of the next iteration.

Also, when applying effects to all pads I get some strange noises. The effect is audible but gets interrupted by clicking and buzzing. Sounds similar to a phone near a speaker. No matter which effect or whether I use on multiple or all pads. After turning the SP off and on again, still the same, like the samples are corrupted and the saved patterns are gone. So i had to delete all the samples and all the work I did went to sh*t.

So my question is: Is that happening because of the 8 polyphony voices or is it a problem with the smartmedia card? I counted the samples and sometimes there are less than 8 samples sounding at the same time.

I read that it could be the software, so I bought a smartmedia card reader to update it to the 1.02 but to my surprise, it was running with the 1.03! Should I change it to the older version to try it? I don’t know if I can reinstall 1.03 later cos I can’t find it online either.

Thank you so much in advance, I appreciate any help!

Post subject: Re: 303 troubles or limitations?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:33 pm 

Format the card periodically , and for the dropouts truncate your loops before REC that'll fix it. The 303 can't handle a lot at once, so try to use as less memory as possible

https://soulchoppa.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:44 pm 

SOUL CHOPPA wrote:
Format the card periodically , and for the dropouts truncate your loops before REC that'll fix it. The 303 can't handle a lot at once, so try to use as less memory as possible

Yo bro! Thank you so much for the quick reply. I recently learned how to truncate the loops (DEL + MARK) so I’ll do that from now on, good tip. RE formatting the card: I have no idea how to do it (despite thoroughly searching through the forum). Will that delete the OS? Or is there another way to do it?

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:34 pm 

Nah it won’t delete the OS , it’ll just completely wipe the CF card . Make sure nothing you want is saved in it or on the pads. It’s sort of like clearing your cache or cookies on your computer. Look up the 303 manual online , there’s a step by step guide on there.

https://soulchoppa.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:02 pm 

Ok will do, thank you so much! Appreciate the help :D