It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:31 pm

Post subject: Problems choosing patterns with external sync on SP303
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:06 am 

i'm using a korg ER-1 as a master, i want the SP-303 to change patterns when i change them on the master, or at least have a way to select which pattern will play back.

example: i have a various patterns on my master machine, and sampled loops on all 8 pads i want to play along. MIDI start/stop/sync works fine. the issue is, it seems to keep defaulting to the last pattern i recorded. how can i define which patterns/pads will play back when i start the master?

Post subject: Re: Problems choosing patterns with external sync on SP303
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:46 am 

If your answer is actual still, i guess you have to press [Pattern select] and then select pattern of your choice while holding [Remain]. It will not play immediately, but when you start your Electribe - selected pattern will start too

Post subject: Re: Problems choosing patterns with external sync on SP303
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:23 am 

tekseeker wrote:
i'm using a korg ER-1 as a master, i want the SP-303 to change patterns when i change them on the master, or at least have a way to select which pattern will play back.

example: i have a various patterns on my master machine, and sampled loops on all 8 pads i want to play along. MIDI start/stop/sync works fine. the issue is, it seems to keep defaulting to the last pattern i recorded. how can i define which patterns/pads will play back when i start the master?

unfortunately i don't think this is possible. I mean, i don't know if 303 supports song/play position

edit

i found this on the midi implementation manual (not the regular manual), maybe it's however interesting
System Common Message
Song Position Pointer
Status Second Third
F2H mmH nnH
nn, mm = Song Position Point: 00H 00H - 7FH 7FH
When the MIDI Sync mode is set to “AUTO SYNC,” this is received stopped. It sets the position from which the pattern is to be performed. Pointer is at a point beyond the length of the pattern, then the Song the point where the pattern ends and the remaining patterns begin.