It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:51 am

Post subject: Japanese 303 in europe
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:12 pm 

I just got a 303 from Japan to where I live in Europe. I bought a converter from 110v to 220v or whatever. But the converter weighs a ton! I can't see my self traveling with that thing, which was my original plan. Does anyone know a trick or another converter that's not big as Mount Rushmore?

Post subject: Re: Japanese 303 in europe
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:11 pm 

why not just purchase a power supply for europe (i.e. myvolts.com ) and use it with that?

i got a sampletrak from Japan which i use with a myvolts powersupply since over a year with no Problem.

they also got USB POWER CABLES! So you can buy one of these, plug it into a Smartphone charger for the use at home and the best about it: if you go outside you can plug the cable in a powerbank and use the 303 wherever you like (and with my xiaomi 10'000mah powerbank i can run my samplers for a Long time with no recharge)

hope it helps, peace

edit: since i don't know if the 303 we have is different (voltage specs) i can't guarantee you nothing but my sp-303 runs nice with the above mentioned power supply i bought for my ST-224.

https://youtu.be/P4wTn6x_vpA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:21 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21713

Quote:
Every universal power supply should work, if it meets the following requirements and has the suitable plug:

9V DC, 1000 mA, center minus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:10 pm 

I just bought a sp303 on ebay from Japan and the guy is telling me I have to use a voltage regulator. The sp from japan is different or something... I cant understand? The sp has nothing to do with 100v or 220v since it only get 9v dc. Isnt it the adapter hes talkong about? He claims friends of him has smashed thier sp303 in europe without a regulator? Sounds super wierd?

Attachments:
image.png
image.png [ 164.83 KiB | Viewed 4139 times ]