It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 pm

Post subject: 303 problem -Loud beeping noise interrupting sample playback
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:16 am 

Been using this 303 for a few months now without any issues, and recently started sampling myself as I play synthesizer. The synthesizer itself has a very noisy and grainy quality built into it, and on top of that I'm usually running it through two different effects pedals prior to the 303's mic input.

I monitor the "peak" indicator pretty closely while recording these bits, but there are a few times during sampling and playback where it flashes. Despite this, I will sometimes throw the reverb onto the sample to see how it sounds. Lately, something will happen during playback where the sample stops and instead all I hear are extremely loud, grimy beeps, almost like an alarm sounding, with the peak light flashing to the pulse of the beeps.

I'm thinking this is the 303's way of telling me that I'm going way over the peak limit, stopping the sample altogether and signaling "this is way too loud". But it seems like a really weird way for a machine to do that... has this happened to anyone else?