It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:39 pm

Post subject: Help With My Set-Up
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:44 am 

Hey guys, I was looking for a little wiring help for my SP-303.

Basically, I have a basic sound card and basic speakers on my computer. I currently have the SP wired into the sound card so that it comes out of the speakers as well as the computer's sounds, basically the audio in. It lets me record and stuff in Reaper which is nice, but when I want to sample something off my computer, I have to rewire everything so that a wire goes from my headphone jack on my computer speakers to the SP's audio in. Is there a way I can listen to sound from the SP on my computer as well as run sounds into the SP from my computer without having to unplug a bunch of stuff or have headphones plugged into the SP?

Hopefully that was pretty clear, let me know if you'd like some more info. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:56 pm 

I don't know of a way to do exactly what you want, but I can tell you what I do. Which will probably work for you. I run my SP just like you do, through the computer. I have a Compact Flash Card reader that connects to a USB port, so when I want to sample something from the computer, I copy it to the card, using the reader, and then just load the sample in the SP. It's a little time consuming, but it will easily allow you to "circulate" sounds back and forth. Just be sure to render all your WAVs to usable files (16bit, 44.1kHz)

I think the card readers are pretty cheap now. I bought one 4 years ago for about $30.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:12 pm 

Quote:
I think the card readers are pretty cheap now. I bought one 4 years ago for about $30.

My desktop is unconcious right now so I went down to radio shack the other day and got a targus card reader for 10 bux....It reads like 30 types of cards.
Hope that helps.
I saw some on walmart dot com for 3 bux...prolly slow though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:25 am 

Yeah, I have one, but since this is a 303 it's really time consuming, and it's a lot quicker for me to sample straight into the SP from the headphone jack in my computer. I just need to figure out a way to get it to go into my SP as well as out of my speakers so I can hear what I'm recording into the SP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:24 am 

Get a mini-jack Y-adapter to plug into your computer's line-out jack. You will then be able to have audio come outv of your speakers and into your SP simultaneously.

Y-adapter image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:45 am 

Plug the out of your computer into the EXT. SOURCE of the 303. Plug your main output on the 303 into the speakers. When u wanna hear the computer just activate the EXT. pad on your 303. You can also run the headphone out from the 303 to the computer input and just turn off the EXT pad when recording the 303 to the computer so you don't get feedback loops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:53 am 

Those are both sick ideas. Thanks a lot, that's exactly what I was looking for.