It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:27 am

Post subject: SP-303 Pad Lights (Technical Question)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:47 pm 

Hey guys. I picked up a 303 that came with no power supply on CL. RISKY, RIGHT? I got it for $60. At that price, why not take a risk? Anyway, I picked up a power supply on amazon that has the same specifications as the original DC adapter (the one I got has the brand name HQRP).

So... It works. BUT not well. The crystalline display works perfectly, all the pads work just fine. However, the lights under the pads hardly work. The light isn't very steady (flutters? I think that's the right word).

I also went to Radioshack and tried one of their universal adapters, but the pad lights stayed dim, as before.

Has ANYONE experienced this problem? I've called Roland and a few service centers, to no avail. Should I spend another 30 bucks (for the 3rd time) on an actual, official Roland adapter, or would it even matter?

I absolutely adore this little sampler, but all the actions are guided by those pad lights! It makes beat making a strain on the eye balls.

Post subject: Re: SP-303 Pad Lights (Technical Question)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:48 pm 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Supply-AC ... 43b2bc9b37

dont spend that much man, its not worth 30 for an official adapter. I use a different adapter for my 202 and mixer..it works perfectly.

Better to spend 10 bucks give or take than to spend 30 if it doesnt work anyway.