It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

Post subject: Re: 303 DEAD PAD FIX
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:01 pm 

Do the repair suggestions here also apply to a dead HOLD pad?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:44 pm 

Ok, I had (partly) non responsive pads for years, at some point the REC button stopped working also and just rendered the 303 unusable.

The answer is Caikote 44, it is a conductive silver coating, just apply a layer on the pad and let it dry for an hour or so.

I bought 2x 1g vials for ~16euros each, in case I needed it for other stuff (got friends with synths and Im the tech-guy of the bunch). U will be amazed how much is 1g. did all the buttons of the 303 and it looked like i used none and I was applying a decent film. My advice, if you open the 303 do all the buttons also, since the pads are connected by a thin film that will start ripping if you handle it a lot. (like someone mentioned).

The buttons work like new.!

Also tin foil may work but I think that over the years it will scratch the carbon pads on the 303 PCB (permanent damage) which is not desirable..

Caikote can be used in ANY plastic buttons i.e. remote controls, phones, instruments, u name it!! Just be careful and wear gloves since it will stain skin for good,.!!!

Have fun

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:54 pm 

As I said before: Draw it with a pencil. Draw a new carbon layer over the old one. It's cheapest and my Polysix keys fixed this way works for about 3 years till this repair without any problem.