It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:52 am

Post subject: Specific questions about the 303, couldn't search for answer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:47 am 

The search engine on here isnt that good. Trust me i've looked cause i know i've probably read these answers before.

1. Can the 303 record an external source and resample at the same time. I know the 404sx cant which is pretty gay. The 808 can btw.

2. How is the filter. Is it like the 404's filter where its not that good, like a -12db cutoff or is it -24db cutoff like the super filter on the 555. Or just any good filter, like on the mpc. The 404 has to be resampled twice to get a good filtering.

3. Can you resample patterns. I think this one might be a no but i forget.

4. How is the pitch compared to the 404? The 404 gets robotic but other sp's actually have a nice pitch effect.

Thats all folks.

Thanks in advance if you have answered these questions before.

Post subject: Re: Specific questions about the 303, couldn't search for answer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:16 am 

springwater wrote:
The search engine on here isnt that good. Trust me i've looked cause i know i've probably read these answers before.

1. Can the 303 record an external source and resample at the same time. I know the 404sx cant which is pretty gay. The 808 can btw.

2. How is the filter. Is it like the 404's filter where its not that good, like a -12db cutoff or is it -24db cutoff like the super filter on the 555. Or just any good filter, like on the mpc. The 404 has to be resampled twice to get a good filtering.

3. Can you resample patterns. I think this one might be a no but i forget.

4. How is the pitch compared to the 404? The 404 gets robotic but other sp's actually have a nice pitch effect.

Thats all folks.

Thanks in advance if you have answered these questions before.

1. Yes this will work.

2. Don't remember how great it is in relation to the 404.

3. No you can't :(

4. Remembered it being not that great.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:02 am 

Thanks a lot man. Im cool with just the first 2. The 404's filter always lacked in cutoff and i never understood why when all their other machines got it right. And the resampling external is pretty cool, adding blips and variations on the fly rather than having to sample it first.
Cool shit, thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:59 pm 

springwater wrote:
Thanks a lot man. Im cool with just the first 2. The 404's filter always lacked in cutoff and i never understood why when all their other machines got it right. And the resampling external is pretty cool, adding blips and variations on the fly rather than having to sample it first.
Cool shit, thanks.

The only little thing with the resample external is you have to say setup a resample, then press the pad of your sample you want to play as your base THEN the ext source to start getting that to feed in, so it's kind of like a quick one two to get it setup. Either that or what I used to do was just set my pad with a beat on it to gate, tape it to start the resample then hit ext real quick then hit my beat pad again and start playing the ext source so they matched up on time. then i would just trim off that little blip at the start to get the ext setup. hope that made sense.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:08 am 

Makes perfect sense. You cant hit ext source until you start resampling. I got it. So id have to, lets say, start the resample and let a loop go by while hitting ext source, then just overdub on the next noop, then mark out the first loop. Easy enough. Just nice to have the option to record the input while resampling if you want to lets say, add a drum hit without having to sample it first.
Thanks man.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:00 am 

springwater wrote:
Makes perfect sense. You cant hit ext source until you start resampling. I got it. So id have to, lets say, start the resample and let a loop go by while hitting ext source, then just overdub on the next noop, then mark out the first loop. Easy enough. Just nice to have the option to record the input while resampling if you want to lets say, add a drum hit without having to sample it first.
Thanks man.

"You cant hit ext source until you start resampling." I could have just said this.. now i feel stupid lol!
anytime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 am 

no problem, i still appreciate the help.