It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:31 am

Post subject: Sp-303 .sp0 File Names & Memory Card Backup Info
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:14 am 

Hey all. Was looking around for some SP-303 Smartmedia backup info but didn't really find anything that was clearcut and explanatory. I could have done a lazy search but I was pretty confused about all this random .sp0 nonsense craziness. This is probably no new information, but for the sake of all future googlers, this is what I have found out so far:

Samples on a pad will always start with a SMP000 prefix and be of the .sp0 file type. For precautionary measures, I wouldn't fcuk with any other .sp0 files.

Mono samples (Long or Lo-Fi) will carry an "L" suffix. Ex: SMP0004L.
Stereo samples will split into two files with differing suffixes: "L" and R". Ex: SMP0002L, SMP0002R.

Squeezed in between the "SMP000" prefix and the "L" or "L"/"R" suffix is either a number or letter which denotes the pad-location of the sample. This is how they are named (without the MONO or STEREO suffix indicator):

C1=SMP0000 | C2=SMP0001 | C3=SMP0002 | C4=SMP0003
C5=SMP0004 | C6=SMP0005 | C7=SMP0006 | C8=SMP0007

D1=SMP0008 | D2=SMP0009 | D3=SMP000A | D4=SMP00B
D5=SMP000C | D6=SMP000D | D7=SMP000E | D8=SMP000F

The file names for samples within banks A and B are discussed in the manual.

Imma try to figure out if you can change the file name of a sample so it appears on another pad, which would give way to greater organization of your pad layout. I'll update yous all once I conduct some more lab result shiz.

When doing a Memory Card back-up, you need to copy EVERYTHING from the Smartmedia card--not just the SMP000 files. And when you load it back on, I believe you need to bring back all the non-SMP000 files as well. If you just try bringing in the SMP000 files it won't appear on your SP.

Example: You got one beat-in-progress on Bank C and another beat-in-progress on Bank D. You want to free up space to work on the beat on Bank C. You'd have to save a back up of everything first, then go back to the SP, delete all the stuff on Bank D (you have that already saved), then do another back up, which will only contain Bank C stuff.

I hope this isn't confusing and helps some strezzed or interested homeboys and homegirls. L8rz

Post subject: Re: Sp-303 .sp0 File Names & Memory Card Backup Info
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:00 am 
303 Award Winner '09

Yeah, from what I remember you need to copy all files as they appear on the card if you want to load a project or samples that you back up from the 303. I wish someone could write a program to convert the roland rdac compression from the 303 and 505 to .wav or .mp3 files.

Post subject: Re: Sp-303 .sp0 File Names & Memory Card Backup Info
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:52 pm 

Euclid Ov Oåklånd wrote:
. I wish someone could write a program to convert the roland rdac compression from the 303 and 505 to .wav or .mp3 files.

+100000