It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:36 am

Post subject: Problem with SP-303
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:35 am 

I bought an SP-303 yesterday with a 64 mb memorycard and everything seemed to be working just fine. The previous user had some samples stored on the memorycard allready and I've managed to sample to it from my vinylplayer.
My problem now is that I can't manage to load some drumsamples from my computer to my memorycard even though I follow the instructions in the manual.
What might be the problem?
Do anyone have a tip on how I can get drumsamples into the sp 303 in another way?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:32 pm 

You could always just sample it in using the headphone out on your computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:17 pm 
303 Award Winner '09

Here, try this. Just open the sample you want to use in audacity(free) then edit the loop or sample in the program and export selection as a .wav and make sure it's 16bit pcm, repeat this for all the samples you wish to make. Now initialize your memory card inside the 303 then turn off the machine off and put your smart media card into your smart media card reader on your computer and when it's icon shows up on your desktop open the folder and place the samples you exported from audacity into the folder(you can only load 8 samples into one of the banks so in the memory card folder rename the samples to this SMPL0001.WAV-SMPL0008.WAV and take it out of the card writer when it's all finished and put it in the sampler and turn it on, now it will flash WAV and let you chose which bank you want the samples to load to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:24 pm 

Is that how you always do it Doc? Obviously that is better quality than recording straight to the SP, but the WAV/AIFF loading process on the 303 takes like 5 minutes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:02 pm 
303 Award Winner '09

I do it different everytime but people here seem to like loading samples from a computer so that's the best way I've found too do it on my 303. But I also sample often right throught the RCA's it don't matter in the end 'cause the stuff that comes out always sound different than what I put in it and thats why I love the 303.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:15 pm 

MusicFiend wrote:
You could always just sample it in using the headphone out on your computer.

hey, could someone explain how to do this (which cables go where)?
i've got an rca-to-headphone-jack plugged into my computer's headphone jack, the other end to line in on the 303. line out to line (channel 2) on my mixer. computer audio coming out of usb (channel 2) on my mixer. when i sample all i get is fuzz and the very vague sound of bass...like i can barely tell it's sampling the song but it's mostly just static. what am i doing wrong?
thanks