It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 pm

Post subject: Pattern sequencer - Length.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:19 pm 

I copped an SP-303 within the last week and am still trying to get to grips with it, after using DAW's for the past few years I can now say that I much prefer analogue type hardware, but anyway.....

I have read almost every post in this forum and can't find an answer to this seemingly simple question: I have made a 2 bar drum pattern on the sequencer and I obviously want to extend the pattern to more than 2 bars, is this possible without playing out the pattern live multiple times?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Post subject: Re: Pattern sequencer - Length.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:25 pm 

If you have a 2 bar pattern and want to extend it to 8 you will have to replay the other 6 bars. There's no way to extend/copy a pattern after its created.

Don't get this confused with the flylo pattern copy trick.... This will copy entire patterns to another pad, so if you have an 8 bar pattern on pad 1 you can copy that exact 8 bar pattern to pad 2 etc etc.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:32 pm 

Thank you for the reply. When I try the pattern copy trick, rather than duplicate the pattern so it's on 2 separate pads it just moves the pattern to another pad. Do you know how to fix this?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:58 am 

I have found previous topics to help me with the pattern copy trick. But another question that arises is, when you have all your desired patterns copied to separate pads, do you have to play the whole beat out live onto an external source (i.e. tape deck), or is there another way to get the full beat onto 1 pad.

I hope this is not too confusing and I hope there are enough people on this board to read and answer questions as it seems to have dried up a bit these days. Anyway, thanks for any help in advance. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:29 pm 

Yes, you have to manually play out the patterns in the order that would "make" your song into a seperate external recorder (another sampler, your computer, a tape deck, a multitrack etc etc).

The reason most people don't reply is because these same questions get asked and answered a lot in each of the sub sections of the forums. The SP samplers are so similar that the questions are interchangeable. In the production technique section there's like 4 posts on the first page asking this same question.

Only way to get a full track on one pad only using the one machine is by using the resample method of making beats (no pattern sequencer).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:45 pm 

Thanks for the reply, and sorry if I've asked the same questions that have been answered a thousand times. Peace.